Family Resources to Talk to Children about Race and Inequity
- Talking Race with Young Children (Podcast and Article)
- 10 Tips for Teaching and Talking to Kids about Race by EmbraceRace
- 31 Children's books to support conversations on race, racism and resistance
- Beyond the Golden Rule: A Parent's Guide to Preventing and Responding to Prejudice from Teaching Tolerance Magazine.
- Healthline Parenthood - Anti-racism Resources for Parents and Kids (Books, Podcasts, Movies)
- Are Your Kids Too Young to Talk About Race?
- RESilience: Uplifting Youth Through Healthy Communication About Race: A parent tip tool gives examples for how to help kids at every age level develop resilience in the face of racism.
- This list is adapted from these resources on Good Good Good and these anti-racism resources.
Books, Podcasts and Articles
- Coretta Scott King Book Award Winners - books for children and young adults
- Fare of the Free Child podcast
- A Kids Book About Racism by Jelani Memory
- “Raising White Kids with Jennifer Harvey” on Integrated Schools podcast
- Teaching Your Child About Black History by Nefertiti Austin on PBS.org
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? And Other Conversations About Race by Beverly Daniel Tatum
- Why We Shouldn’t Teach Kids to Be Color Blind by Liz Rothaus Bertrand on Charlotte Parent